I love an easy weeknight dinner and it doesn’t get much easier than this. The seasoning in the sausages means its super tasty and you can change the flavour by using different sausages each time.
Recipe – Serves 2
- 3 farmhouse sausages
- 150g small shaped pasta
- large handful of cherry tomatoes
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Small bunch of Parsley
- 25g parmesan
- Add olive oil to a pan and squeeze out the sausages into the oil, breaking up with a spoon as they start to cook
- Add the fennel and chilli and keep breaking up the meat as it starts to brown and look like mince.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in some salted water
- Add the tomatoes and lemon zest and juice to the browned meat breaking up the tomatoes a little to mingle with the meat juices
- Add half the cheese and check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pasta and mix with the sausage mixture.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and a sprinkling of parsley.
Check out this week’s box contents to see what else you can have delivered straight to your door.
Box Local – the local produce delivery service for St Albans. Bringing the farm shop to your door