Recipe serves 2
- 2 large chicken thighs (or 4 small) skinned
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/2 chicken stock pot (made up to 250ml with boiling water)
- 200g small new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 6 new season carrots, topped and scrubbed
- Handful of spinach, washed and thickly sliced.
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped.
1. Place the stock and chicken in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes then add the whole carrots and potatoes. Simmer for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are almost cooked through.
2. Add the salad onions, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes until the onions are soft and chicken is cooked through. Stir through the spinach and parsley. Ladle into large soup bowls and serve.