It’s the perfect time to be eating spring lamb at the moment, and this recipe pairs it with new season carrots and a fruity couscous. The timings give a lightly pink chop, so add a minute or two if you prefer well done. Chops feature in our 3 meats box on a regular basis.
- 2 lamb chump chops
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200g couscous
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 20g raisins
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- small bunch of mint and parsley finely chopped
- 200g mini (bunched) carrots, scrubbed topped and tailed
- ½ tsp cumin
- Drizzle some oil and the cumin over the carrots and season. Coat the carrots in this and roast in a preheated oven at 190ºc for 15-20mins until soft
- Place the lamb in a bowl. Sprinkle over the paprika, half the onion, ½ tbsp vinegar and ½ tbsp oil. Season and ensure the lamb is fully coated and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the pine nuts, raisins, lemon zest and half the juice. Pour over 300ml just-boiled water, cover, then leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Heat grill to high. Lift the lamb out of its marinade, grill for 2-3 mins on each side, then rest, wrapped in foil, for 10 mins.
- Mix together half the herbs, the red onion, vinegar, oil and seasoning to make a vinaigrette.
- Stir the remaining chopped herbs and some seasoning into the couscous, then add the remaining lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the lamb and couscous with carrots drizzled in the herby vinaigrette.