Recipe serves 2
- 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 1/2 a broccoli head cut into small florets
- 200ml chicken stock (1/2 pot)
- 300g potatoes cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 200°c and warm a medium roasting tray which will take all the ingredients in one layer.
- Toss the potato chunks in a tbsp of oil and season. Spread on hot roasting tray and return to the oven for 20 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Add the onions, broccoli and the crushed garlic and toss together to combine the flavours. Tuck the seasoned chicken in between the vegetables (if you need to lay on top that’s fine, just add a few minutes to the total cooking time). Tuck the lemon wedges and oregano leaves around the tray. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken stock around (not over) the chicken and bruise the lemon wedges a little to release some juice, and roast for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
Box Local – the local produce delivery service for St Albans. Bringing the farm shop to your door