Recipe serves 2
- 200g chicken stir fry pieces
- 135g wholegrain rice noodles
- 8 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot, sliced thinly into rounds
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30g peanuts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- small bunch coriander
For the Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce or vegan fish sauce substitute
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 red chilli, chopped (remove seeds and/or use less if you are not a fan of hot food!)
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodles and soak for 3 minutes while you make the rest of the dish. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Add the sauce ingredients into a jug and whisk together (or shake in a jar)
- Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan, and stir fry the seasoned chicken couple of minutes until cooked through – set aside. in the same pan fry carrots, and radishes for a minute or so. Add the spring onions for a final minute of stir frying, remove veg to a plate.
- Add the crushed nuts and almost dry fry for a minute or two until toasted, set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the garlic and drained noodles (they should be soft), frying for a minute or so before adding the sauce.
- After a minute the sauce should have thickened slightly and have coated the noodles, move these to one side and tip the egg into the space. Don’t move anything for 30 seconds to half-cook the egg, then mix it into the noodles.
- Add your cooked veg back into the mix to warm through and coat with the sauce/ egg for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the nuts and coriander!
Box Local – the local produce delivery service for St Albans. Bringing the farm shop to your door