- 1 portion of 12 beef meatballs
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 x small can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 150g basmati rice
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Line the grill tray with foil and arrange balls on grill rack. Grill the meatballs for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until nicely browned.
- Preheat oven to 180°c, and when warm place cauliflower florets, tossed with 1 Tbsp oil and the curry powder on a baking tray for 20- 25 minutes until starting to colour.
Meanwhile, Heat a tbsp oil in a frying pan, and add the cumin seeds and the chopped onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until softened, then stir in the ginger.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Add the cooked meatballs, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes and drain.
- Serve curry with cauliflower and rice.